From: Thaps Matsabu [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2000 2:55 PM
To: 'fw-1-mailinglist (e-mail)'
Subject: [FW1] icmp through fw-1

Hi,
I am trying to allow only one host to ping though my firewall, while
dropping all other icmp connections. I disabled ICMP on the properties and
added an ICMP rule in my rule base with my host as source and destination
any, but it didn't working.

I also tried enabling ICMP (accept last) on the properties and changed my
last rule (drop all) to "drop all except my "host" still didn't work.

It only works when I allow ICMP in the properties with either first or last
(because I have droll all rule as my last rule).

Your help is highly appreciated,

Regards,

Thapedi Matsabu
PQ Africa - IPNOC (SAA)
[email protected]
Important: This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the above named
only and may be  confidential. If they have come to you in error you must
take no action based on them, nor must  you copy or show them to anyone. If
you have received this communication in error please notify  the sender by
e-mail, or by telephone and then delete the e-mail and any  copies of it.

Although this e-mail and its attachments are believed to be free from any
virus, it is the  responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are
virus free.