From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of
Rajesh Bandar
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2000 8:47 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] Backup Firewall

Hi,

I am in the process of installing a backup firewall machine from the
scratch. I
have done the following:

1. Installed solaris 2.6 (on SUN Sparc E220R).
2. Installed OS patches.
3. Installed Checkpoint Firewall-1 ver 4.0.

If I type fw printlic I get the following output:

This is VPN-1(TM) & FireWall-1® Version 4.0 (19Dec2000 17:39:59)

Type             Expiration Ver Features
202.0.106.99     Never      4.x pfm

Can I presume that I have installed the license correctly. Now I need to do
the
critical part:

Which files do I need to copy from the production firewall which is running
Firewall-1 ver 3.0b.

I have the following files in $FWDIR/conf

auth.C             lists              options.conf
default.W          logviewer.C        product.conf
default.W.orig     logviewer.C.bak    serverkeys.dir
defaultfilter.pf   masters            serverkeys.pag
fw.license         objects.C          slapd.conf
fwauth.NDB         objects.C.2000     smtp.conf.org
fwauth.keys        objects.C.bak      snmp.C
fwauthd.conf       objects.C.generic  trapexec.conf
fwopsec.conf       objects.C.orig     xlate.conf
fwrl.conf          objects.patched
install.conf       omi.conf

and in $FWDIR/database

authkeys.C       fwuserauth.keys  lists  objects.C    rules.C
fwauth.NDB       inetd.conf

Which files do I need to copy to the backup firewall? Can I just copy
$FWDIR/conf, $FWDIR/database/rules.C and $FWDIR/database/objects.C file.

It would be a great help if someone could assist me.

Thanks,
Rajesh.