    De:     Geoffrey Moon [SMTP:[email protected]]
    Date:   19 décembre 2000 11:40
    À:      [email protected]
    Objet:  RE: [FW1] 4.1-SP3 VPN problems!

    Just wanted to add some more details in case anyone else has a similar
    setup.

    As I said, after the upgrade to SP3 my VPN link stopped working. I see
    encrypt and decrypt traffic in the log but data is not getting across the
    VPN, or is not being returned, not sure which yet. In addition, I see the
    mysterious "IKE log - error occurred" messages on a regular basis. There is
    no rule associated with the message, and it's from the daemon.

    The other end of my VPN setup is a SonicWall TELE2, configured to use a
    shared secret and DES. This setup has been working for months, and only
    broke after the SP3 installation. I have tried restarting the Sonicwall, no
    joy. I still see the traffic going back and forth between the two networks
    in the log, but I'm not able to ping anything in either direction. Luckily,
    the VPN is still in the testing stages so the failure isn't critical, but
    obviously I need to get it working again.

    I guess I'll open a support ticket with Checkpoint and see what they have to
    say. In the mean time, if you've got VPNs in your setup I'd think real hard
    before upgrading to SP3.

    Geoff