Re: [FW1] Invalid Cookie

Gus,
The cookie that is off is the timeliness cookie, designed to validate that the vpn
connection is not a replay of a previous session.  Phase 2 stage 0 indicates that
alcatel is not holding the phase 1 cooking going into the SA establishment.  I've
seen this problem before where a unidirectional tunnel was possible because of
incompatibility in VPN code.  However, since Alcatel and Checkpoint are both IPSec
1.0a certified, I would be more inclined to suspect that the Alcatel side is using
perfect forward secrecy with a low re-key interval.  This would mean that check
point does not invalidate the session, but that the remote side initiates a SA
renewal request, using a completely different set of parameters upon each rekey,
whereas the check point is probably not configured for PFS, and thus reuses the old
Skey_id_r, id_e, and id_a.
The solution, I would look closely at the details of the alcatel side connection,
and then check the Policy->Properties->Encryption and look for the IPSEC
renegotiation interval.

Although suspicion has it that it will be a PFS issue.

Just a guess,
CryptoTech