Re: [FW1] work/home laptop and SecuRemote client

Robert,

SecureRemote, when setup properly, will function very
well and never needs to be killed. Is your encryption domain
setup correctly? This should encompass the networks inside
of your private network. This way, when SecureRemote
detects that you have local connectivity, it will just ignore
all requests and allow traffic to pass as local traffic.

When SecureRemote detects traffic bound for your encryption
domain and it does not have a local connection, SR will
spring to life.

A problem that occur often is, the system in question has an
IP address in the encryption domain while remote. If this happens
then SR will think it's still local.

Do you have different setups for these users at home vs work or
are these machines equipped with a docking station at work
and a PCMCIA at home?

Robert

- -
Robert P. MacDonald, Network Engineer