RE: [FW1] High Availability module

Rodney,

1) Yes.
2) In most cases, yes.
3) No. You may be able to do this with a "cold-standby", where the 2nd
firewall is normally powered down and only substituted (manually) for
the primary in the event of a failure, but not with "hot" HA.
4) Not exactly.  CP's HA module uses a shared MAC/IP address for both
machines, similar to the original StoneBeat HA product.
5) No comment due to conflict of interest. ;-)

Suggest you verify all this with your friendly neighborhood Check Point
sales rep.

Hope this helps,

Mark L. Decker
Rainfinity