RE: RE: [FW1] Will Checkpoint run on an NT Workstation?

Sorry, i have confused matters by using oracle and nt server as an example.
There is a different licence agreement for nt server.

Yes you are right, it would include fw1 but so long as you have no more than
10 concurrent connects you are not breaking the license agreement. So ntw
could be an option here for a fw1 25 user license.

You have quoted from the new license agreement. The old one does not have
such limitations for non-nt services. As I said MS cannot force you to use
the new license (IMHO) if you have already purchased a copy of NT
workstation a while ago with the old licence you use that license agreement.
This is just MS trying to patch up a hole to sell more server licenses.

These are just my thoughts , contacting a MS account manager and asking them
these questions is the best answer. Just do not accept the first answer if
you do not like it.

Who is to say with fw1 v5, 2000 server will be the only windows platform
that it can be installed on and this sort of question will go away :-)

cheers
Dean