[FW1] CPConfig Option for SMTP Server (abandon_time)

Currently it seems that the server holds mail for 5 days or so. We are running some test and would like to change that to 2.5 days. I found an option in "cpconfig" that has an "abandon_time" option and was wondering if that is the option I need to modify? The option is set for 432000 and I did the math and that comes out to 5 days. I was wondering what you all have for this option? Is this some kind of SMTP standard???