Re: [FW1] Naming conventions

Our convention is to name the object by what it is followed by either
the IP address or the service number.

Services - Unassigned-TCP-722, Netbus-TCP-1234, Printer-TCP-515
Networks - RIPE-210.0.0.0
Workstation, laptops - WS-122.31.56.45, Lap-122.31.56.46

We try to include important information in the name so that lookups, logging,
and reviewing the policies are simplified.

David C. Diemer, CCSA, CNE
Enterprise Security Firewall Engineer
Georgia Department of Administrative Services (DOAS)
[email protected]>>> "Will Schwartz" <[email protected]> 12/08/00 01:07PM >>>

I was wondering if anyone knew a nice article on naming conventions for
firewall-1 objects and services. I know there are as many conventions as
there are people, but I'd love to see what some others are doing.

Thanks~
Will