Re: [FW1] Gigabit Network Support

Yes, jon, but all indicated groups have yet to show that in any simulated live
environment (that would be some standardized third party test)  that they can truly
come close to the claim of 100mb.

<quote>
The new NetScreen-1000ES is ideally suited to meet the specific security needs of
the
     large enterprise, offering gigabit-speed firewall capabilities and 600 Mbps
3DES IPSec VPN
     encryption.
</quote>
Impressive 3Des performance, but if you check out
 http://img.cmpnet.com/commweb2000/whites/VPNtbl2.html they were only able to
average 89Mbps.  I admit that this is the best performance I've seen to date, but
hardly living up to their claims.

And the springtide product doesn't have gigabit interfaces as it is a core network
product, with only up to 155mbit.

Again, it doesn't matter what you pay, NO ONE has demonstrated in ANY performance
comparison the ability to do firewalling OR 3DES vpns at gigabit speeds.

CryptoTech