[FW1] problems with 4.1 management server & 4.0 firewalls

I've got a an older (sparc) checkpoint installion that started at rev
3x Sun relaese something, eveolved through Checkpoint 4.0. It has a
split managment server. I attempted a clean rebuild with Solaris 7,
and FW1 4.2 Sp2 on the managment station, and copied in the older
<policy>.W, NDB, objects.C (editing and adding new servobj)

When attempting a fw load to a 4.0 firewall (with the hotfix) I get a

Can't load non-4.0 data on a version 4.0 target Check the
FireWall-1 version defined for this target

We'll it IS defined as a 4.0 firewall (cause that is what it is).

Additionally the winGUI  doesn't see any of the policy files.

So I'm assuming in the upgrade process there was some sort of
conversion script. (that is if checkpoint did do the 'you can reload
your objects/policy by hand thing again')

The policy file formats don't seem different, so I'm assuming there is
is an index file or some such that didn't exist under 4.0? or a
conversion/update util to let it play with with a 4.0 policy.

It seems to find all 4.0 objects, services, users, etc.

I do not what to do an "upgrade" as the system has too much wrong with
it to fix.

thanks for any insight,
fj..
#4. The most valuable function performed by the federal government is
entertainment.
	-- Dave Barry one of his "25 Things I Have learned in 50 Years"