Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 12:37:49 -0800
From: Dan Hitchcock <[email protected]>
Subject: [FW1] Sonicwall VPN FYI - Sweet Cheap little VPN

Just wanted to share a piece of information for anyone looking for a really
low cost 3DES small branch office solution:

I picked up a SonicWall TELE/2 (retails for about $550) - has a nice Web
GUI, does NAT and DHCP, has remote secure management, etc. - AND it works
like a charm with FW1 4.1SP2.  I just worked through SonicWall's config doc
and our site-to-site VPN was up and running.

If anyone has any comments on SonicWall's long term reliability, support,
etc., I'd love to hear from you, as I just brought this connection up.
Looks like a very sweet little VPN solution, and even cheaper than
Checkpoint's SmallOffice solutions (although SmallOffice gives nice features
like FW1 GUI management, much more granular policies, etc.)

Dan Hitchcock
CCNA, MCSE
Network Engineer
Xylo, Inc.The work/life solution for corporate thought leaders