RE: [FW1] Sonicwall VPN FYI - Sweet Cheap little VPN

Been using the original Tele, and now the Tele2, for some time and you're
right, it's a great, cheap solution. Sonicwall firmware gets better and
better with each release (all free, BTW), and the boxes have been solid as a
rock. If you've been following BugTraq you'll see that there have been some
successful DoS attacks against version 5.0 firmware (via the web browser
interface). Haven't had a chance to see if 5.1.1 (the latest) is vulnerable,
but if Sonicwall's firmware upgrade history is any indication, they'll fix
the problem quickly. Side note: If you're doing VPN management of the box
and have rules set properly, then you can't even get to the web interface,
so the vulnerability is really an internal threat more than an external one.

Like you, I'm incredibly impressed with "the little blue box", and highly
recommend them, especially the version 2 (Tele2, SOHO2) series if you're
doing VPN.

And no, I don't work for Sonicwall, don't sell them, and don't even own
their stock. I just buy and use the products, successfully.

Geoff