[FW1] invalid magic number (0) in buffer

My firewall is 4.1 SP2 (Build 41716) on Solaris 2.6.
I checked phoneboy and the archive, I can only find
information back in 1998 on version 3.  This is what
phoneboy suggested:

Upgrading to build 3072 or later will solve this
problem. If you can not or do not wish to do that, you
can
make the following modifications to
$FWDIR/lib/base.def:

Replace line 159, which is:

    record <conn;key,type @ UDP_TIMEOUT> in
connections)

with the following one:

    record <conn;DUP_KEY(key),type @ UDP_TIMEOUT> in
connections)

At line 156, add the following lines:

    #ifndef NO_ENCRYPTION_FEATURES
    #define DUP_KEY(key) (call KFUNC_KBUF_DUP <key>)
    #else
    #define DUP_KEY(key) (0)
    #endif

Is phoneboy's suggestion applicable to version 4.1?
Any suggestion as to what is causing the problem and
what should I do?

Thanks,

Yim