Re: [FW1] Gigabit Network Support

Lynn,
FW-1 will support any interface that the machine supports. We have installed
a Sun Gigabit Ethernet card in an ES4500; on Solaris you need to add a line
in the file /etc/fw.boot/ifdev to tell FW-1 to accept the interface.

However, we have seen a considerable loss in performace on the Gigabit link
when FW-1 is turned on. We are still investigating this because even the
Solaris performace over the Gigabit link with out FW-1 is only about
30MByte/s (this was with an ftp transfer). With FW-1 switched on the
performance dropped to 17MByte/s.

Regards,
Oliver