From: Jason Costomiris [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 05, 2000 9:18 AM
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW1] WatchGuard and IP440

On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 03:22:13PM -0800, [email protected] wrote:
: Can anyone tell me if they have had success configuring a Nokia Checkpoint
: IP440 appliance with a WatchGuard SOHO?  I'm currently trying to make this
: work with IKE preshared keys.  Checkpoint has configured my IP440 w/ me so
: know that end is done properly.  I talked to watchguard and they say their
: end is also right.  My question is who is right?  Has anyone made this
work?
: I am currently running IPSO ver 3.2 sp5 Checkpoint 4.0  the watchguard is
: SOHOtc ver 2.2  PLEASE HELP ME.  Thanks in advanced

According to the info on Watchguard's site, they support this kind of VPN
only with a Check Point endpoint that's running 4.1SP2:

http://www.watchguard.com/support/interopvpn.asp

I assume you're current on maintenance, so this may be the impetus for you
to upgrade.  Some of the guys & I were talking the other day, and someone
had mentioned that in his lab, 4.1 was about 10% faster than 4.0,
particularly when using VPNs.

I'd urge you to upgrade to IPSO 3.2.1 (or 3.3 by the time you get to do
this), and FW1 4.1SP2...

--
Jason Costomiris <><           |  Technologist, geek, human.