[FW1] AIX - FW-1

This is a dump question.
I´m installing FW-1 4.1 over AIX. I followed manual instruccions, it
supposee to be enough executing "smit" on the new software directory. It
didn´t work. Aparently AIX is trying to write on the CD. If I copy the
software on the hard drive it worked ok.

So... is there anything else I had to do in order to solve this?.. or ..
is it necesary to copy the software on the hard drive?