[FW1] Dr. Watson during LDAP authentication

I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue (or better yet, has had it and fixed it).

I'm using FW1 4.1, SP2 and using a Novell 5 NDS server as my LDAP account unit.  Every once in a while, typically the late evenings, the firewall will Dr. Watson.  It happens as a user is attempting to authenticate.

I have a scheduled job that repeats every 15 minutes, looking for Dr. Watson's.  If it finds one, it stops and restarts the firewall - the only way I can allow the VPN (and incoming traffic - like email) to continue.  It also runs a PSTAT command and emails me the file.

I have not noticed any failures in the pstat file.  I've also that the firewall's Dr. Watson's coincide with the attempts of users to authenticate.  Again, this does not happen all the time - maybe once every two or three days.  I've tried the Dr. Watson "fixes" - increasing kernel memory, the SP2 dll file replacement, etc. - in an attempt to fix it.  No good.

I've changed the account unit connection from SSL to standard, thinking it was the handshake, but have had no success.  This same scenario also used to happen when we were using this on version 4.0.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Rodney Lacroix