    From:   Robert Rinnberger [SMTP:[email protected]]
    Sent:   Monday, December 04, 2000 5:13 AM
    To:     [email protected]
    Subject:        [FW1] SP2 Failed to Load Security Policy: Illegal seek

    Hi,

    I've installed the latest SunOS patches and SP2(3DES) for FW-1 V4.1(3DES).
    After that I could'nt start the firewall, there are problems, fetching the
    security policy.

    # fw fetch localhost
    Trying to fetch Security Policy from localhost:

    Installing Security Policy standard on all.all@firewall
    Has only loopback (lo) interface, aborting...
    Failed to Load Security Policy: Illegal seek
    Fetching Security Policy from localhost failed

    All of my Interfaces qfe* are working properly.

    After deinstalling SP2 there was the same problem, I could not fetch the
    policy.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    Robert