RE: [FW1] backup firewall

With 4.1, you can configure two boxes for hot failover. Just installed it here last month and it works great.

Bill
-----Original Message-----
From: Barry W. Kokotailo [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2000 7:53 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] backup firewall

Currently I have a single firewall in place. If my system board fails, then I am dead in the water
and so are my users. I would like to ask the list on tactics used to create a backup firewall. In case the
main firewall does down, I can quickly place the backup firewall in place in a minimum amount of time.

--
Barry W. Kokotailo
Senior Unix Systems AdministratorPGP =  71 71 96 A3 C0 C2 23 7A  23 4E D4 04 8C E0 42 6B  B0 2D D1 A5