Re: [FW1] Losing SA with Secure Remote Client 4.1 and FW1 4.1sp2]

On Sat, Nov 04, 2000 at 02:04:37PM -0500, CryptoTech wrote:
> Are there any other services running on the FW?

No, its NT4 and we've shut down all the M$ crap.

 What are the contents of your
> encryption domain?

Our two 'internal' networks, a 'DMZ' and 'PRIVATE' network.

Its a Network Group Object that contains these two network objects.

ITs checked 'Exportable for SecurRemote'

>  Are you using Unauthed topology download, and what is the main

I think so.

At the SR client (win95) we install SR.

Open SR, enter in IP address of the external gateway for the firewall.
  the site icon appears for our firewall.

I open a dos window and ping the machine in the PRIVATE network (192.168.1.101)

After a moment the SR login window pops up.
  - we have users using passwords, not certs
  - enter the username and password, and SR exchanges keys w/ firewall

After about 2 min I can ping and ssh machines in internal nets.

after about 10 min I get the SA errors, and SR and the Firwall never re-establish another SA.

> ip address in the firewall workstation object?  (must be external)

Yes, its external and a valid ip address.

Any ideas?

-andy