From: "Peter Parnell" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2000 8:26 AM
Subject: [FW1] NT Server 4 Firewall-1 4 WEIRD Problem - HELP

> I have an NT4 SP6 machine with Firewall-1 4 , attached to an SDSL modem with a 1Mb pipe to my ISP. I am using NATand I am blocking
all NBT traffic.Here is the weird problem....It can be 12 hours, 2 days or 3 days, but eventually my external interface stops
passing packets. NT Event viewer shows no events. When I reboot the Nt Server, i receive the infamous IP Conflict message telling me
that I am in conflict with the mac address of the CISCO router on the other side of my DSL Modem. I have tried different NICS to no
avail. To solve the problem I need to configure my external NIC for DHCP, disable Checkpoint. restart and obtain an IP address from
the DHCP server which has a reservation for my external NIC. After successfully obtain my IP, I again configure for static IP,
enable Checkpoint, restart and all is well again until the next time. I have tried a switch in between my Firewall and the Modem
thinking that broadcast traffic was messing me up. No help. Please Help !