From: Peter Parnell <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2000 8:26 AM
Subject: [FW1] NT Server 4 Firewall-1 4 WEIRD Problem - HELP

> I have an NT4 SP6 machine with Firewall-1 4 , attached to an SDSL modem
with a 1Mb pipe to my ISP. I am using NATand I am blocking all NBT
traffic.Here is the weird problem....It can be 12 hours, 2 days or 3 days,
but eventually my external interface stops passing packets. NT Event viewer
shows no events. When I reboot the Nt Server, i receive the infamous IP
Conflict message telling me that I am in conflict with the mac address of
the CISCO router on the other side of my DSL Modem. I have tried different
NICS to no avail. To solve the problem I need to configure my external NIC
for DHCP, disable Checkpoint. restart and obtain an IP address from the DHCP
server which has a reservation for my external NIC. After successfully
obtain my IP, I again configure for static IP, enable Checkpoint, restart
and all is well again until the next time. I have tried a switch in between
my Firewall and the Modem thinking that broadcast traffic was messing me up.
No help. Please Help !