From: Naoko
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2000 11:25 AM
Subject: [FW1] URGENT - fw logswitch question

Hi,

Checkpoint fw1 2000 running on Linux redhat 6.2

Can anyone tell me if running fw logswitch will cause an interuption to services running through the firewall?  (i.e. does it at any stage stop and restart the firewall?)

I've got a fw1 2000 box with a log file which hasn't been rotated for about three months, so it has a very large log file.  I want to setup regular (nightly) log rotation and log anaylsis on this box.

First I ned to rotate the existing log.  I will be doing this via a remote ssh connection issuing the command fw logswitch .

once this is done I will set up the nightly log rotation with a regular cron job.

Any help wuold be appeciated.

Thanks

Ken