[FW1] AMC - LDAP - Novell

I have a few problems with the AMC.

Has anybody managed to get the 'fetch branches' to work?
I know it only works with V3 LDAP servers but I have never got it to work
with our NDS LDAP which is supposed to be V3.

Another problem is in trying to modify an already existing user so that
they are able to use Securemote for example. I can create a new user but
whenever I try to do a modify I get an 'error 1 in modify'.
I have extended the schema etc.

Lastly, how do I remove FW-1 attributes from an NDS user - who was using
Securemote but I don't want them to use it anymore? They should still be
able to use their Novell account.

Paul