[FW1] Windows Media Player 7

I have a rule to block http access to streaming sources (using an HTTP URI resource).  However, I have noticed the following happens with Windows Media Player 7:

A user attempts to connect to a site that provides audio (www.billboardradio.com, specifically).

The hit the appropriate speed, at which point the media player begins the process of changing the files to playable media.  The message "changing media..."  appears as it begins scrolling down the playlist.  After about ten minutes, the media begins to play.

I've checked the properties of the Media player, and it lists approximately 32 types of files that it can play.  Does version 7 of the media player automatically convert the streaming files into something else it can play?  If so, do I have to block every single type of file extension (seems like a lot of work and maintenance)?

I notice that the earlier versions of the player do not do this "conversion".  By the way, my logs reflect the drops of the rule as the player is changing the media - but once the conversion is done, the files play normally.

Rodney Lacroix