Re: [FW1] ifconfig

Hi Alberto,
If you do the static & published arp, as far as I know,  the IP address
will show on the Interface which is on the same subnet, i.e. arp -s
217.155.18.10 0:b4:0:80:d2:9c pub, will show on iprb0.

Bjorn Jansson

                    Alberto Díaz
                    <adiaz@denodo        To:     [email protected]@SMTP@Cell
                    .com>                cc:
                                         Subject:     [FW1] ifconfig
                    2000-11-28
                    11:32

     Hi,

     I need know which is the MAC adress to do static NAT but if i use the
command ifconfig I get the same adress "0:b4:0:80:d2:9c" for both
interfaces, and I get the same if I execute the command dmesg to see the
boot messages.

     # ifconfig -a

     lo0: flags=849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 8232
           inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000

     iprb0:flags=863<UP,BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
          inet 217.155.18.9 netmask fffffff0 broadcast 217.155.18.15
          ether 0:b4:0:80:d2:9c

     iprb1: flags=863<UP,BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
           inet 10.1.1.1 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 10.1.1.255
           ether 0:b4:0:80:d2:9c

     How I can do to get the real MAC adress, I need this to

          " arp -s < valid IP > < externa ether adress > pub "

     Thank you.

     Alberto.