Re: [FW1] Nokia and NAT

On Mon, Nov 27, 2000 at 06:25:17PM -0600, WITHERS, KIM L (SWBT) wrote:
:
: Is there a problem with Nokias and using NAT, It was working for a little
: while and now it does not work?  I have
: checked out Phoneboy and everything seems fine according my static
: addressing schema.

Nothing documented..  In fact, I've got several clients that would be
screaming right now if it weren't working. :-)

Something in your configuration has changed...  I'd start by looking at
any changes you made in Voyager first (static routes, arps), then in the
FW1 policy (make sure your addresses are what you think they should be),
then check on the adjacent router, and make sure there's nothing "funny"
over there.  If all that fails, put up a sniffer on the outside of the fw
and see where the traffic goes.

I've always found it most helpful, regardless of the FW platform to publish
the arps for static NAT on the adjacent router, rather than on the FW's
external i/f, FWIW.

: Has anyone else had the problem of not being able to ping the external/legal
: address which is statically mapped to an
: internal address?

Did you turn off the "accept ICMP" implicit rule?

--
Jason Costomiris <><           |  Technologist, geek, human.