Re: [FW1] change of hostname

Marco,

That's a Linux thing and not a FW1 thing. That's
why you won't find that on Phoneboy's site.

What your looking for is /etc/HOSTNAME. Change
that file and the old name to the new name in
/etc/hosts. You may have to change the hostname
in linuxconf-basic host information to 'hostname' then
reboot.

Another way to change the /etc/HOSTNAME file is
to issue the command:

hostname 'hostname'      # use the new name in the place
                         # of 'hostname'.

Robert

- -
Robert P. MacDonald, Network Engineer