From: Peter Lukas [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, November 23, 2000 7:32 AM
To: Johan Strom
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW1] VLAN and ISL on SUN

This isn't really possible -- at least not as far as I know.  A solution
I've been using to accomodate this is to place a router off the internal
interface.  I can have multiple internal lan segments without eating up
interfaces on the firewall.  Performance is a little better, too.

A cheap Cisco 2600 costs about as much as two sun qfe's and will support
802.1q.

Peter Lukas