Re: [FW1] Capacity and Throughput of NAT with FW-1

http://www.checkpoint.com/products/firewall-1/pbrief.html
Yin To,
I have seen 50k connections with NAT involved.  I believe CHKP is due to update this link in the near future.

Just a hunch,
CryptoTech
Yin To Chu wrote:

 Hi :Just wondering who knows the max throughput and max number of sessions that can be really supported by FW-1, say on a Sun Netra T1 with 440MHz CPU and on a Nokia IP650 box?Any source reports on such stress testing?Just thinking of how many boxes are needed for NATing, say, one million of current users. Investigating Internet access from Mobile networks  a few years down the track.Or investigate other boxes with better NAT capabilities. Another other suggestions : Netscreen, layer 4 switches?Thanksyt--