Re: [FW1] IPSEC

It is probably the checkpoint.  There were two iterations of the IPSEC standard, and
the 1.0 as it is called required SA's based upon host ip address.  That is, from
each host to another host, there was a separate SA.  As soon as this was agreed upon
as a standard, a lot of vendors began to summarize this information into subnet
based SA's.  This mean that any two devices on the x.x.x.1-255 class c net would use
the same tunnel for connections to y.y.y.1-255 on the partner vpn net.

FW-1 v4.0 was based upon the previous standard, that of subnet based, and although
systems are supposed to be backward compatible, they are not.  Therefore, you might
look into your firewall logs (if you have log isakmp negotiations checked) and you
should see a message such as 'peer is using subnet based SA's not supported in this
version.'

The solution, upgrade to firewall-1 4.1