From: Oliver Viitamaki [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2000 11:47 AM
To: Tim Parker
Subject: Re: [FW1] Traceroute questions

         Does the routing table on the Firewall match what you are
experiencing when testing with Traceroute?
         Does the route change, over say a 30 minute period? Ie flip to
your expected route, and then flip back?
This could happen quickly, could be one way for 30 sec then flip back, if
this were occurring, there would be routing convergence problems...
         When did you become aware of the latency issue, always there,
haven't had a chance to look at it untill now, just happened 2 days ago,
happens every day at 10:00 etc.

         ov

At 10:46 AM 11/24/00 -0500, you wrote:

>Here is a question that is bothering me from work.......
>
>we have a unix firewall that has 5 interfaces (hme0, qfe0 -4). This
>firewalls main concern is to protect our web site. There is a T1 link back
>to our office that connects me to the servers for work and maintenance.
This