Re: [FW1] Nokia IP330 or SUN Ultra-5

On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 03:19:14PM -0800, Mark Kaishar wrote:
:
: My environment is very small, 20 people so far, maybe up to 50 people in the
: next 8 months.
: One corporate office, a few remote users (dialup/dsl/cablemodem)
:
: Would a Nokia be sufficient enough for upto 100 ip addresses?

The 330 would more than cover this.  I've deployed them at shops that have
several hundred IPs behind, including remote sites.

: I'd like to hear from people's past experiences.
: I've deployed SUN 220R's and NT based FW-1 and both are good.

The IPSO platform is great, in my opinion (disclaimer: [1]).  I personally
prefer it to Sun, and think it's TONS better than deploying on NT.

[1] I just started working for Nokia, in their service provider group.
    Despite this, I've been a user of the IPSO platform since the company
    was still called Ipsilon - and I was the regional SE manager for a
    large VAR.  I've also been a FW-1 user since v2.1..

--
Jason Costomiris <><           |  Technologist, geek, human.