RE: [FW1] Nokia IP330 or SUN Ultra-5

With such modest requirements, I'm guessing your WAN link won't be more
than a T1.  In that case, either a Nokia IP330 or an Ultra 5 (or a cheap
PC running NT/Linux, for that matter) ought to be more than sufficient.
When connection speeds are low and you're not doing lots of encryption,
the speed of the hardware platform is the least of your worries.  More
important, IMHO, are reliability, manageability, and support.  Open
platforms like Solaris/NT/Linux are easily upgraded, have lots of 3rd
party support, and it's easy to find people who know how to work on
them.  Proprietary boxes like the Nokia require forklift upgrades and
aren't as widely supported, but they have some very nice convenience
features.  If you've done Sun and Microsoft before, I recommend sticking
with what you know to reduce your learning curve.  That is, unless you
want to pick an unfamiliar platform to justify some company-paid
training. ;-)

Good luck,

Mark L. Decker
Rainfinity