Re: [FW1] Nokia HA questions

Chris:

     If you intend to utilize two IP650's in an HA mode then yes you will need
to purchase an additional CheckPoint License for the second FW. You will also
need to purchase an additional encryption module license for the second FW and
you will need to get (you do not need to purchase since they are free) an
additional VPN license for the second FW.

     Hope that this helps.

Chris Arnold <[email protected]> on 11/21/2000 05:49:30 PM

  To:          [email protected]

  cc:          (bcc: James E Clukey/Rush/RSH)

  Subject      [FW1] Nokia HA questions
  :

Hello, all.  I have a few questions concerning running a pair of Nokia
IP650s in HA mode.  Actually, the questions are just about FW-1 and VPN-1.
My management console is running on Solaris and I have FW-1 ver 4.1 sp 1
(soon to be sp 2) on a Nokia.  I have ONE 250 user licenses for FW-1 and ONE
100 tunnel license.  I want to bring up another IP650 in a HA configuration.
Do I need to get duplicate licenses to do this?  Two different VARs have
told me two different things.

The article on Phoneboy (http://www.phoneboy.com/fw1/faq/0403.html) was
helpful for the VPN part and I'm sure would get me through the FW part.  Are
there any additional licenses/modules I need to purchase before I jump into
this.

Thanks for any insight.

Chris