Re: [FW1] High Availability

Yes.
It takes about 30 seconds additional time in the install process to set up.
It is a module license to purchase with 4.1, but is included in the standard install.
Yes, it does fail over without losing sessions, both tcp based, and fwz and IKE
encryption sessions.
No, the machines only need to be of a common platform.  example: 2 x nt or 2 x sun, but
p2-400 and p3-700 will work.  This allows you to get a lower cost machine for secondary
box since it will not be used often.  You can also configure such that the HA cluster
will prefer to use the designated primary box, meaning that after a failover and the
primary station becomes available, that sessions will transfer back to the primary box.

HTH,
CryptoTech