[FW1] problem with user database on fw1 (fwauth.NDB)

hello,

on my fw1 4.0 I have about 250 users and after some changes of the user's
configuration they some of them can't authenticate any more.

when I install the user-database with the GUI I get errors about objects
beeing ignored and on opening the user-windows I get the error message
"file not found". but all users are shown.

I think the problem is that I use some special-characters (german
"ulaut") and I think that the firewall does not like them.

but I have the problem of the corrupt database and I tried to fix it with
"fw dbexport" and "fw dbimport". but the "fw dbimport" makes errors.

Du you have any hint how I can repair the user-database on the firewall?

platform: nokia/ipso.

thank in advance

-reinhard