[FW1] Problems with Interscan VirusWall and authentication

I'm throwing this problem out to the group in hopes that someone might have
experienced something similar and provide some insight.

We have FW1, 4.1, SP1 on an NT4, SP4 machine & Interscan version 3.4.   The
FW has 5 nics, 1 - internal network; 2 - dmz; 3 - test dmz; 4 - t1 to
client; 5 - external network. Currently there is one rule to test http
scanning: (Source) Local Internal Network - (Dest) Internet - (Service)
http->iscan_resource - (action) accept.  We have an application server (web
based) in our dmz (2) which is an NT box as well and authenticates through
the firewall to a PDC on the internal network (1).   When the rule is
enabled, one user, always the same user, is unable to authenticate to sites
which are set up as virtual servers.  The user can authenticate to the site
which is the default website.  In addition, there is a development server
with a website located in the test dmz (3) which will not authenticate users
when the http w/ resource rule is enabled.  This only happens when the user
trying to authenticate is doing so from our internal network.  If the user
connects to either of these sites from the outside, authentication occurs
fine.  All servers are using IIS4 and a mix of basic authentication / NT
Challenge Response.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
^ Emily Carrico