From: CryptoTech [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2000 7:44 AM
To: Jeff Newton
Cc: [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW1] OT - Acceptable Use Policy Legality

First of all, I'm not a lawyer, but in my job I encounter a LOT of large
companies
using firewalls.  ALL of them that have AUP's require that the end user
explicity
sign a letter of acceptable use.  The reason is simple.  In the legal world,
there
is a '4 corners rule.'  That which is stated within the 4 corners of a
document that
is signed is legally binding.  This means that the letter should state what
is
acceptable or not acceptable (whichever is easier to define,) and the
repercussions
of violating company policy.   IE, if you are caught looking at , you
will be
fired.  Sign here.

HTH,
CryptoTech