Re: [FW1] Newbie Question

Jeff,

Set your web servers in a DMZ off of the fw(third NIC)
and give them IP from one of your blocks. Depending
on the number of servers you have or will have, subnet
one of the blocks - no need to waste IP's.

I wouldn't bother with NATting these web servers, this
is just additional work on your fw, not really isn't needed.
Some may disagree with me on this, but in the end, it's
your site. Some feel that any additional layer of security
is worth it, even if it's obfuscation.

If your going to have more than one web server in the
DMZ, are you looking at high availability and or load
balancing? There are both hardware and software
products out there that can do this well. My apologies
in advance of your near future spam from Jules :)

- -
Robert P. MacDonald, Network Engineer
Team Lead, e-Business Infrastructure
G o r d o n   F o o d    S e r v i c e