From: Marco Shaw [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Sunday, November 19, 2000 5:27 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] Linux routing requirements

Have I misconfigured something if my gateway (RedHat Linux 6.2) requires:

1. IP forwarding 'on' (/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward = 1)
2. IPChains rule for ip_masq (ipchains -P forward DENY; ipchains -A
forward -s 'internal_net' -j MASQ)

before it will work (forward requests properly)?

I thought ChkPnt FW-1 would take over these functions?

Marco