[FW1] "Security policy cannot be installed"

(First time ever using ChkPnt FW-1)

When trying to apply some rules to a gateway, I get the error:

"Security Policy cannot be installed because xx does not enforce any part
of the Security Policy"

When I try to manage the network object acting as the gateway, the 2
interfaces appear correctly in the 'interfaces' tab, but when trying to edit
an interface itself, I only see the 'general' tab.

Did I forget to install/configure something?

Thanks,
Marco