[no subject]

Hello, I'm quite new with the security topic and I'm on
charge of FW for my society.

My question is quite simple or too complicate ???
let see your answers :-)

A lot of users are asking me to open new exotic port
because of profesionnal needs. Theses ports are https 8001
and https 8002 and seems to be real https, because I've
analyzed the frames.

Some answers (like in FW training) given by teachers are :
No, we do not open that port and we explain that to the
employees because of potential security breach...

Some others says ok if you'are sure about the connection
and about the frames it is ok, open that ports because it
is for profesionnal use...

So at this point I would like to know what is the
appropriate answer for that particular ports mentionned,
shall we or shall we not open them ?
What is made generaly, what is the choice from the Old Wyse
security guy ?
Must I stay on my position by saying NO, NOT, NERVER...
or must I be more flexible ?

Thanks in advance for everyone giving me support
Didier POZZI
Boîte aux lettres - Caramail - http://www.caramail.com