RE: [FW1] Load Balancing

I think he's talking about server LB, not firewall LB.  Check Point has a
product called ConnectControl (module licensed separately) that uses these
"logical server" groups to balance traffic among web servers behind the
firewall.  More information at
http://www.checkpoint.com/products/floodgate-1/ccdata_copy.html  There are
also 3rd party solutions available that accomplish the same task, such as
traffic management switches from Alteon or F5, as well as a new software
module from Rainfinity called RainSLB that, like ConnectControl, installs
directly on the firewalls.

In any case, this functionality is not included for free with FW-1.  You'll
have to buy a separate license to use the logical server groups.

Hope this helps,

Mark L. Decker
Rainfinity
[email protected]