RE: [FW1] basic security question- a little off topic

Donna,

Without a default-route / Very-Summerised-router to the internet via your
firewall your gonna need lots of paracetamol. I would suggest you point some
of your traffic through proxies. Your firewall should look after any security
routing issues.

My 2p

Steve

>===== Original Message From [email protected] =====
>Hello all,
>
>I would be interested in your opinion about any security issues  about
>default routes.  The issue has been raised here that we should not have a
>default route pointing to the internet (thru a FW, of course).  The
>internet access should be handled with proxies at the FW level.   I do not
>see any issues, secuirty or otherwise, with a default route  but am I
>missing something?  It seems without a default route I will have a lot of
>headaches (similar to the one I have right now!)
>
>Thanks,
>Donna

===

Steven Dangerfield, Network Engineer/Analyst
B.Eng, CCNA, CCSA

Email : [email protected]

Totalise - the Users ISP
To become a member and a shareholder