[FW1] DES to 3DES

Hi Paul,

  Looking at your licenses they seem to be 3DES, and you can use them
 on a DES installation ?? Strange, we tried this but it didn't work !!

  This is the answer I got from CheckPoint a while back when I asked
 them how to upgrade :

As far as you question about encryption and licenses.  There is not
a quick and easy way to increase the encryption capability of the firewall
software. The encryption capability is built into the kernel, so to
increase the encryption of the firewall, you will need the proper kernel.

This means you will need to reinstall the firewall with a 3DES version
of the software.  This is relatively painless, if you copy the contents
of the conf directory, and then after installing the 3DES version,
replace its conf directory contents with the old conf directory, you
will get back all of your objects and rules.

Met vriendelijke groeten - Bien à vous - Kind regards

Guy ROELANDTS
Compaq Software Engineer - Belgium
E-mail : [email protected]
Tel: +32(02)729.77.44