Re: [FW1] Reserved addresses in logfile

Pete,

RFC1918 is for private addressing. These IP networks
or address ranges generally do not flow across the
Internet. This is ISP specific. Most of the ISP's drop
these packets. There are some who don't.

Some ISP's use the RFC1918 to address the WAN
links between the customer and them. Heck, my cell
phone has one of these addresses.

These can, and IMO, should be blocked at your border
routers.

Robert

- -
Robert P. MacDonald, Network Engineer