[FW1] Small office integration.

I have several smaller sales offices that need to access our lan for access
to SAP.  I was looking at doing something with Securemote via a dialup
connection, but they require more bandwidth than just a 28.8kbps modem.  I
am running Checkpoing FW-1 4.1SP0 on an RS/6000 B50 running AIX 4.3.3.  I
have attempted the SP2 upgrade but found that it caused workstations to not
be able to connect using Securemote.

What is the best/most cost effective way to connect them to the VPN here.
Should I just get a LinkSys router and DSL Internet access for them?  I have
concerns about potiential latency issues.  Traditionally we connect remote
offices via Frame Relay as the latency is not bad, but the bandwidth is
limited and expensive.  I am attempting to use Internet connectivity to
reduce the total cost of bringing a remote office online.  I was also
looking at Intrusion.com's PDS2100
(http://www.intrusion.com/Products/pds2100.shtml).  It looks quite decent
and I bet it would do the job beautifully, but I cannot seem to be able to
talk to a human at their company to determine how much they want for the
unit.  Has anyone come across any appliances that can be used to connect
remote offices?

Sorry for all the questions, but I have been unable to find much
information, and I really don't want to rely on vendors as they tend to
promote their product even if it doesn't do what you need it to do.  (Our
vendor sold us an Enterprise Encryption Centre (FW-1) without even looking
to see if all the components would run on our platform (AIX).. Now we are
looking at having to go with mixed platforms.)

Many thanks,

Joe Voisin