Re: [FW1] smtp through fw1

Depends on how you want to do this(policy(ies)?)

Some options are:

 - Outside->DMZ SMTP('relayed' to internal SMTP)
 - Outside->inside SMTP (not advisable)
 - Outside->staticNAT SMTP(not any better than prior)
 - Outside->fwSMTP(SecSvr)->[intSMTP | CVP(ContentVectorProt)->intSMTP]
 - Outside->ISP(managed svs)->{any of the above options)

There may be other ways to accomplish what you
need, but this should get you started on the research
trail quite nicely.

Don't forget to search the archives during your research.
www.securepoint.com/fw1
www.schmoo.com/mail

Robert

>>> "Andy Huffer" <[email protected]> 11/16/00 6:38:20 AM >>>
Hi,

Can anyone give me a brief overview of how to pass mail from the Internet to my Internal network, or point me to ant docs that could help

Thanks

Andy

- -
Robert P. MacDonald, Network Engineer